Are you interested in working in Child Care? PW! is interested in supporting you!!

ALL child care workers will need:

TB test

Background check

First aid/CPR

Current MMR vaccination

HIV/AIDS training

Food handler’s permit

Family Child Care Home Providers

Must be 18 years of age

Posess a High school diploma

Attend licensing orientation

Complete licensing application

Earn Initial certificate (12 Early Childhood Education credits within 5 years of opening)


Child Care Center Providers

18 years of age

Lead teacher: high school diploma

Initial certificate (12 Early Childhood Education credits within 5 years of employment)


Additional Resources

  • Imagine mentoring, financial assistance and internships for Family Home Providers-Marion Hedin
  • Peninsula College Early Childhood: training, certificates, and possible financial assistance- Anna King

Comments are closed.