How to Import .ICS Files into your Calendar
Import events into Google Calendar
After you export your events, you can import them into Google Calendar. You can import with ICS and CSV files on a computer.
- Open Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- In the menu on the left, click Import & Export.
- Click Select file from your computer and select the file you exported. The file should end in “.ics” or “.csv.”
- Choose which calendar to add the imported events to.
- By default, events are imported into your primary calendar.
- Click Import.
- If you have a .zip file, find it on your computer and open it. You’ll find .ics files for each of your calendars. Take the individual files out of the .zip file, and import each .ics file individually.
If you import repeat events from a .csv file, they might not show up that way. They’ll be on your calendar as a series of one-time events.
Outlook – Import .ics or .vcs file
- In Outlook, select File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- In Import and Export Wizard box, select Import an iCalendar (.ics)orvCalendar file (.vcs),and then Next.
- Select the calendar file from your PC and select OK.
- Select Open as New. The items are automatically imported into your calendar.