Inspiration for Teachers in the Classroom:
- Teaching and Learning with Hip-Hop Culture
- Integrating Music, Drama, and Dance Helps Children Explore and Learn
- Now Sing This! Ella Jenkins
- Experiencias Musicales
- Music supports social and emotional development
For Families at Home
- Playing with Music at Home
- Support Math Readiness Through Music
- Sing With Me Baby!
- 10 Ways Babies Learn When We Sing to Them
- Message in a Backpack™–Make Animal Music
Music can be a fun way to help your child transition from one activity to the next throughout the day. Try making up verses for different activities and tasks that you and your child might do throughout the day and sing them to the melody of This Train. Replace “children” with your child’s name when singing “children get on board.” For example:
- This train is bound for bed... Charlotte get on board.
- This train is bound for school... Zion get on board.
Our Music Monday Sponsor, Music Together, is sharing song suggestions and activity ideas to inspire children and families to make music a part of their daily lives! With Music Together’s free “Hello Everybody!” app, it’s easy and exciting to play musically as a family, whether at home or on the go. The app comes pre-loaded with eight award-winning Music Together songs for listening, singing along, or even recording as a video and sending to Grandma! Go to www.musictogether.com/app for more info and links to your app store.